Make-up professional Aubrey James, of Lashes Locks & Lips, stopped by the studio to talk about eye lash extensions and safety.
- Professional medical grade adhesives contain: Cyanoacrylate
- If someone is allergic to nail glue, super glue or surgical glue, it's highly likely they will be allergic to any and all such products containing cyanoacrylate.
- Allergic reaction appears within the first 24 hours of application and may be in the form of Contact Dermatitis.
- A client that develops redness, itching, swollen or soreness of the eyes may be allergic.
To treat mild irritation:
- Take Benadryl
- Use of an oral antihistamine
- Usa a cold compress
- Irrigate with sterile eyewash
- Suggest the lash extensions be removed in severe cases
For more information on Lashes Locks & Lips, visit: lasheslockslips.com