Now in its 5th year, the Rescue Mission's "Walk A Mile in My Shoes" event, raises money and awareness to help homeless people living on the street.
The event allows walkers to identify with, and support those who are homeless by experiencing just one aspect of their day-to-day lives. Because homeless people have limited access to transportation, they often walk everywhere—a task that's becomes cold in the winter.
The Rescue Mission is committed to sharing hope, bringing an end to hunger and homelessness, changing lives, and strengthening communities one person at a time. Rescue Mission’s Walk A Mile in My Shoes
- This Saturday, Feb. 9th
- 1-mille & 3-mile walk to end homelessness and hunger
- Registration is at 9:15 a.m.
- The 3-mile walk starts at 9:45 a.m. and the 1-mile walk starts at 10 a.m.
- Registration fees are $25 for adults (13 and older) and $10 for children (6 through 12)
- The walks start and end at the Rescue Mission Recreation Center at 122 Dickerson Street
- Events are also held in Auburn, Binghamton, and Ithaca on the same date at the same time
For more information, visit rmsyr.org