March is National Nutrition Month! Molly Morgan of Creative Nutrition Solutions shares some healthy springtime snacking tips.
Snacks are a crucial part of keeping your body fueled throughout the day. Morgan says to think fruits, vegetables, yogurt, nuts, and whole grains when it comes to snacking. This combination will deliver belly-filling fiber, protein, and healthy fats, according to Morgan.
Great veggies to dip in hummus include:
- Red peppers
- Asparagus spears
Good on-the-go snack choices are:
- Kind Snacks fruit and nut bars
- Apple with a mini bag of almonds
- Edamame with dried fruit
- Combining great grain granolas with greek yogurt and fresh or dried fruit is an easy way to make a fun parfait
- A tasty option is yogurt layered with oats 'n honey granola and apple slices
- Also try yogurt layered with peanut butter granola and a drizzle of chocolate sauce
For more information, visit creativenutritionsolutions.com.