Looking for a light and refreshing dessert to cool off with during those hot Syracuse summer days? Cohost Courtney Wood shared her no-bake strawberry pie.
1 lb. of strawberries, cut into bit size pieces
1 cup of water, divided 3/4 c. and 1/4 c.
3 Tbsp. corn starch
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. white Karo syrup
3 Tbsp. strawberry Jell-O powder
Shortbread pie crust
1. Combine 1/4 c. water and cornstarch. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine 3/4 c. water, sugar, Karo syrup, and cornstarch water. Stir until boiling.
3. Stir in jell-o powder. Remove from heat until luke warm.
4. Wash and cut strawberries. Drain excess water off and pat dry with a towel. Place strawberries in pie crust.
5. When the filling is lukewarm, pour it over the strawberries. Do not overfill the pie.
6. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or until the pie filling is firm. Serve with whipped cream.