1. 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
2. 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
3. 2 cups cooked gemelli or corkscrew pasta
4. 1 cup grape or teardrop tomatoes, cut in halves
5. 3 cloves garlic, minced
6. 1 teaspoon black pepper
7. Freshly grated lemon peel
8. Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4. 2 cloves garlic, minced
5. 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
6. 1/4 teaspoon salt
7. 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add peas; cook 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cold water. Combine peas, pasta and tomatoes in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk Gremolata Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Toss 2 tablespoons dressing with pasta mixture. Set aside.
3. Combine 3 cloves minced garlic and 1 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
4. Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Add steak slices and remaining dressing to pasta mixture; toss to coat evenly. Garnish with lemon peel and parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 369 calories; 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 5 mg cholesterol; 216 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 4.2 g fiber; 32 g protein; 1 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 46.5 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.