Chef Danna from Wegmans cooked some yummy Memphis Barbecue Pork Spareribs and some delicious Grilled Corn, Bean and Radish Salad for your Memorial Day weekend! To get more scrumptious recipes head to the Wegmans website here.
Memphis Barbecue Pork Spareribs
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours and 50 minutes
1 rack Wegmans center cut pork Spareribs (about 3 lbs.), halved
1 Tbsp Wegmans Barbecue Seasoning bottle (19 oz) or Wegmans Memphis-Style BBQ Sauce
1 bottle (12 oz) lager-style beer
Preheat grill on HIGH for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
2. Season both sides of ribs with barbecue seasoning. Sear on grill 3-4 minutes per side; do not cook through. Transfer ribs to braising pan.
3. Whick BBQ sauce and beer together in bowl until well-blended; pour over ribs in pan. Cover pan tightly with foil; place in oven.
4. Bake 2.5-3 hours. Carefully remove foil; bake 10 additional minutes.
5. Transfer to serving platter.
Each Serving ( 3 ribs, about 1/3 cups sauce) contains 740 calories, 15g carbs (0g fiber), 47g protein, 49g fat (17g sat fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 1080mg sodium
Grilled Corn, Bean, and Radish Salad
Active Time: 40 minutes
6 ears corn, shucked
1 bunch radishes, trimmed, fine julienne (about 1 ¼ cups)
1 can (15.5 oz) Italian Classics Garbanzo Beans, drained
2 Tbsp Food You Feel Good About Cilantro, finely chopped
2/3 cup Food You Feel Good About Lemon Vinaigrette (Produce Dept)
1 tsp Wegmans Barbecue Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat grill on HIGH 10 minutes.
1. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM.
2. Grill corn, turning often, 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to bowl and cover with plastic wrap, 3-5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap; let cool about 5 minutes.
3. Cut kernels carefully from cobs; add to large bowl. Add radishes, garbanzo beans and cilantro. Toss with lemon vinaigrette and barbecue seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.