1 cup Wegmans Italian Classics Seasoned Bread Crumbs
½ cup plus 4tsp Wegmans Italian Classics Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (Cheese Shop), divided
1 cup all purpose flour
3 large Eggs, whisked until foamy
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 6 oz each)
Sea Salt and cracked pepper
½ cup Pure Olive Oil
½ cup Wegmans Italian Classics Seasoned Tomato Sauce (Prepared Foods), warmed
½ cup Shredded Pizza Cheese (Prepared Foods)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Combine bread and ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano in shallow bowl. Put flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls.
2. Place chicken between triple thickness of plastic wrap; flatten with meat mallet to a uniform ¼ inch. Remove from plastic; season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat each chicken breast well with flour. Dip in egg until well-coated, then dredge in bread crumb mixture until completely coated.
4. Heat oil in pan on stovetop on MEDIUM-HIGH, 1-2 min. Add chicken breasts, 2 at a time.
5. Cook about 3 min, until edges turn golden-brown. Turn over; cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temp (check by inserting thermometer halfway into chicken), about 3 min. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with rest of chicken.
6. Place chicken on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread each chicken breast with 2 Tbsp sauce; top with 2 Tbsp shredded cheese and 1 tsp Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake about 8 min, just until cheese is melted.