Syracuse (WSYR-TV) -- Do you plan on going out for dinner anytime soon? Did you know the germiest places in restaurants are not the bathrooms, but the areas where you eat? ABC News went undercover ad tested for germs at 10 restaurants in three states.
They found 70 percent of the seats had bad bacteria. Restaurants often don’t sanitize the seats.
Next, the menus tested showed the bacterium that causes staph infections and germs that cause strep throat were found on menus.
Lemon wedges were next. Workers reached for them without gloves or tongs. Half of the lemon wedges they tested had human waste on them.
Salt and pepper shakers were contaminated, too. They’re used often, but rarely cleaned.
And tables were also trouble. ABC News saw parents changing diapers at the table.
20/20 will have more on ABC’s investigation coming up tonight at 10 p.m. on NewsChannel 9.