Syracuse (WSYR-TV) -- It’s not just pesticides that experts are warning parents about; household cleaners can also spell danger for your child.
In a recent study, researchers found that although the number of injuries with cleaning products was down in children, 40 percent of those household cleaning emergency injuries that did occur were caused by nozzled bottles.
Instead of just publishing their data, the scientists decided to make a difference. They developed the first trigger spray bottle that could help prevent thousands of injuries to little ones every year. The spraying mechanism automatically returns to a locked position after each use without someone having to re-lock the nozzle by hand. So little fingers may touch, but not hurt themselves.
Designers hope to see the new bottle in stores within the next year.