Syracuse (WSYR-TV) -- Two men have been charged in connection with multiple bank robberies throughout Central New York.
Both 21-year-old Zachariah Edwards, of Frankfort, and 21-year-old Nicholas Ferrone, of Utica, surrendered to police on Tuesday.
The US Attorney's Office says pair is suspected of acting together to rob the following banks:
- Chase Bank, 6004 Court Street, Syracuse, New York on January 14, 2013
- Berkshire Bank, 2080 Western Avenue, Guilderland, New York on January 23, 2013
- Chase Bank, 4425 East Genesee Street, Dewitt, New York on January 28, 2013
- Trustco Bank, 2050 Western Avenue, Guilderland, New York on February 13, 2013
- Bank of America, 638 Memorial Drive, Chicopee, Massachusetts on February 25, 2013
- M&T Bank, 5170 West Taft Road, Syracuse, New York on March 4, 2013
Both Edwards and Ferrone have been charged with robbery. They are being held without bail. Detention hearings for both are scheduled for Wednesday.
If convicted, Edwards and Ferrone face a maximum of 20 years behind bars and a $250,000 fine on each count.