Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – A NewsChannel 9 viewer wants "The Real Deal" regarding online offers to people who want to make money from home.
The Real Deal is: You should look elsewhere for opportunities.
In the case of OnlineHomeCareers.com, for example, the Better Business Bureau rates them with an “F.”
They say the business has barely been around for a year. In addition, the Better Business Bureau says people who invest money in work-at-home opportunities can lose that cash to unscrupulous employers and misleading advertisements.
Some of the red flags include:
If you want to know The Real Deal about something, call (315) 446-9900 or email YourStories@9wsyr.com
- You are never offered regular salaried employment
- You’re promised huge profits and big part-time earnings
- You must put down money for instructions or merchandise before the company tells you what it is you’re supposed to do
- You’re guaranteed markets and a huge demand for your skills
- Or you’re told that no experience is necessary