Taylor (WSYR-TV) - Cortland County Sheriff’s Deputies say they recovered illegal weapons and marijuana during a meth lab bust in the town of Taylor.
Officers found Zackery Burlingame when they went to a house on Cheningo Solon Pond Road after receiving a report of a person wanted on a parole warrant.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, one person at the residence ran away and another was seen inside the home.
Deputies say they could smell a strong chemical odor coming from the residence.
When they entered the residence, the Deputies say they found an active methamphetamine lab.
They contacted the homeowner who allowed the Deputies to search the residence, in which they found marijuana, along with chemicals and equipment associated with manufacturing methamphetamine.
Burlingame was charged with:
- Unlawful growing of the plant known as cannabis – class A misdemeanor
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree – class A misdemeanor
- Criminal possession of precursors of methamphetamine - class E felony
- Unlawful disposal of methamphetamine laboratory materials – class E felony
- Unlawful manufacturing of methamphetamine - class D felony
- and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree – class D felonies for possessing chuka sticks and metal knuckles
He was arraigned in the Town of Taylor Court and taken to the Cortland County Jail in lieu of $3,500 cash bail or $7,000 bond.
The person who ran away – Jarod O’Neil – was found and arrested the following day.