Cortlandville (WSYR-TV) – The Cortland County Sheriff’s Department says they have arrested three suspects after an armed robbery occurred where a woman was stabbed repeatedly.
Sheriff’s Deputies say they responded to the Homestead Apartments in the town of Cortlandville at 3:45 a.m. on Friday where it was reported three suspects entered an apartment and physically assaulted a male and female.
Deputies say the suspects stabbed the woman in the back of her legs several times, causing non-life threatening injuries and also struck her in the face several times.
While inside the residence the suspects threatened to harm the 4-year-old daughter of the residents according to deputies.
The female resident was taken to Cortland Regional Medical Center for treatment and she was released.
Deputies say the suspects also threatened to use a firearm, but that a firearm was not displayed.
The suspects allegedly stole a large amount of cash from the residents, as well as their cell phones.
Deputies say the suspects fled the scene in a vehicle, which was stopped on Church Street by the Cortland City Police.
Two black male suspects fled the scene of the traffic stop, one was apprehended and one suspect is still at large according to deputies.
The following suspects have been charged:
- 22-year-old Gennessa Thomas, of Johnson City
- 22-year-old Dominique Coker, of Syracuse
- 36-year-old Adam Gregg, of Cortland
All the suspects have been charged with the following:
- Burglary in the 1st Degree, a felony
- Robbery in the 2nd Degree, a felony
- Assault in the 2nd Degree, a felony
- Strangulation in the 2nd Degree, a felony
- Conspiracy in the 4th Degree, a felony
- Grand Larceny in the 3rd Degree, a felony
- Two counts of Unlawful Imprisonment, a misdemeanor
- Two counts of Petit Larceny, a misdemeanor
- Menacing in the 2nd Degree, a misdemeanor
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child, a misdemeanor
- Criminal Obstruction of Breathing, a misdemeanor
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 4th Degree, a misdemeanor
- Assault in the 3rd Degree, a misdemeanor
The suspects were arraigned at the Town of Cortlandville Court and remanded to the Cortland County Jail without bail.
All suspects are due to reappear in Cortlandville Town Court on Monday, Oct. 7.