KIRKVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) - As the family of 12-year-old Paige Scheel mourns the loss of the young girl, they are also worrying about paying for her funeral.
The girl died Friday evening after being electrocuted when she touched an extension cord or electric pump that was plugged into an outlet while inflating an inflatable swimming pool at a home in Syracuse.
Scheel's cousin, Lisa Jobson, says the family doesn't have a lot of extra money for her funeral costs.
The services will be coordinated by Farone and Sons Funeral Home in Syracuse. The funeral director, Joe Farone, says they are willing to help on their end, but other costs may be unavoidable, such as the burial.
The family and funeral home have coordinated to accept donations to help pay for the services. People can donate via telephone, mail or in person.
Farone and Sons Funeral Home
1500 Park St.
Syracuse, NY 13208