Cleveland (WSYR-TV) – Officials say Sunday’s fire at United Wire Technologies in the village of Cleveland was set accidentally.
15 fire departments from three counties responded to the massive fire that started around 9:30 a.m.
The Oswego County Fire Coordinator says the fire was started by a worker cutting metal on a chop saw; sparks ignited combustible material.
The worker tried to extinguish the fire on his own, according to the fire coordinator, but failed and called 911.
When firefighters arrived, the building on State Route 49 was fully engulfed.
Neighbors say they heard a loud explosion, saw yellow smoke and flames "shooting out all over."
No one was hurt fighting the fire.