Mother, daughter safe after town of Schroeppel fire
Schroeppel (WSYR-TV) – A mother and daughter are safe after fire ripped through their home in the Oswego County town of Schroeppel early Wednesday morning.
The fire began around 1 a.m. on Aldrich Lane, near Route 10.
Investigators say that there were no smoke detectors in the home.
The mother and daughter were awakened by the flames.
The investigators believe the fire began in the chimney and then spread throughout the house.
Copyright 2013 9wsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.