Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – Two men from the Utica area have pleaded guilty in a string of bank robberies in Central New York and as far away as Massachusetts.
21-year-old Zachariah Edwards, of Frankfort, and 21-year-old Nicholas Ferrone, of Utica, pleaded guilty in Federal Court.
The pair admitted robbing the following banks:
- Chase Bank, 6004 Court Street, Syracuse, New York on January 14, 2013
- Berkshire Bank, 2080 Western Avenue, Guilderland, New York on January 23, 2013
- Chase Bank, 4425 East Genesee Street, Dewitt, New York on January 28, 2013
- Trustco Bank, 2050 Western Avenue, Guilderland, New York on February 13, 2013
- Bank of America, 638 Memorial Drive, Chicopee, Massachusetts on February 25, 2013
- M&T Bank, 5170 West Taft Road, Syracuse, New York on March 4, 2013
Ferrone also admitted robbing the Alliance Bank at 142 Genesee Street, Oneida, New York of $2,240 on January 3, 2013.
Both are being held until sentencing, scheduled for October 1.
Bank robbery carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 on each count.