SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) - A woman was rescued in Syracuse on Saturday night after her apartment caught on fire.
Syracuse firefighters said it happened around 8:30 p.m. in a 3rd floor unit of Ballantyne Apartments on Ballantyne Road.
When firefighters entered the apartment they found the woman inside, conscious.
She was taken to a local hospital. Her identity, condition, and any injuries are unknown at this time.
A deputy fire chief credits his crew for acting quickly.
"The crew from Engine Company 18, they did a great job. They had this thing knocked down in less than five minutes and the search crews were able to get in and rapidly find the victim and bring her out, conscious and it looks like it's going to be a good ending,” said Deputy Fire Chief Bill Elderbroom.
The woman's apartment was the only part of the building that was damaged.
Elderbroom said it is uninhabitable until repairs can be made.
No one else was injured.