Updated at 3:22 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25
Ithaca (WSYR-TV) – Ithaca Police have made one arrest in connection to an altercation in which four women were stabbed.
Dante Sweat, 17, of Ithaca was charged with one count of assault in the second degree, a felony.
He was arraigned in Ithaca City Court and taken to the Tompkins County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
Multiple people were allegedly taken into custody, but police did not say whether they anticipated arresting more people.
They did say they are still investigating the incident and more charges are pending.
Police say they were called to the scene at the 600 block of Chestnut Street in Ithaca at 8:51 p.m.
Weapons were reportedly involved during the fight and Ithaca Police requested assistance from five outside law enforcement agencies.
Upon arrival, officers reported finding a female on the street with a stab wound to her neck area.
Other officers on scene reported finding three other women with stab wounds.
All four women were transported to Cayuga Medical Center by ambulance.
Three of the victims were then transferred to a regional trauma center.
Officials say although the stab wounds are serious, they do not appear to be life threatening at the moment.
If you have information that can help the investigation, call or email:
- Police Dispatch: 607-272-3245
- Police Administration: 607-272-9973
- Crime Stoppers Tipline: 607-697-0333
- Narcotics Tipline 607-330-0000
- Email Tip Address: http://www.egovlink.com/ithaca/action.asp?actionid=12939
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ithaca-Police-Department/268935962829?ref=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ithacapolice