1 student taken to hospital after HazMat incident at SU
Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – Emergency crews responded to the scene of an incident at the science and technology building Friday afternoon on the Syracuse University campus – including HazMat personnel.
According to fire officials, three students were working on a science experiment when a corrosive chemical spilled.
One student was taken to the hospital. Officials did not know the student's condition.
The building was evacuated as a precaution, according to an SU spokesperson.
The building was vented and the spokesperson said they expected to open the building around 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2013 9wsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.