New Hartford (WSYR-TV) – A Utica man is facing a number of charges after police say he attempted to rob a Walmart at gunpoint.
New Hartford police say 22-year-old Marvin Dejesus and 23-year-old Efrain Diaz went into the Walmart on Commercial Drive on Aug. 20 at about 3:00 a.m. and demanded money at gunpoint.
Police say the suspects did not get any money and ran from the store.
Police arrested Diaz later that same day.
Dejesus has been charged with:
- Two counts of Attempted Robbery in the Second Degree, a Class D Felony
- Attempted Robbery in the First Degree, a Class C Felony
- Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree, a Class E Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm, a Class E Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon, A Class A Misdemeanor
DeJesus was arraigned in the Town of New Hartford Court and taken to the Oneida County Correctional Facility in lieu of $35,000 cash bail.