Boston Police: Despite reports, no arrest made in marathon bomb investigation
Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – After conflicting reports emerged surrounding the investigation into Monday's Boston Marathon bomb incident, Boston Police now say no arrest has been made.
The Associated Press and CNN initially indicated that a suspect had been taken into custody.
The police clarified the development via Twitter at 2:33 p.m.:
Despite reports to the contrary there has not been an arrest in the Marathon attack.
CNN has since indicated that their sources say no arrest has been made.
The arrest reports surfaced shortly after CNN indicated that a suspect had been identified.
CNN says video from a department store and a television station helped identify the suspect.
Investigators have not said who the suspect is.
The FBI is scheduled to hold a press briefing at 5 p.m.
Copyright 2013 9wsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.