Syracuse (WSYR-TV/ABC News) – ABC affiliate WHAM-TV
is reporting that charges against a Clyde man were dismissed after he allegedly corralled four boys into a closet after he allegedly discovered them vandalizing his father-in-law’s home.
Wayne County District Attorney Richard Healy asked the judge in the Town of Galen Court to dismiss the four child endangerment counts against 53-year-old Jesse Daniels in the interest of justice.
The judge granted the motion Wednesday evening.
Police charged Daniels earlier this month
after the parents of the boys - ages 8 and 10 - complained that he handled them roughly after allegedly finding them inflicting $40,000 worth of damage to the home.
Daniels says he put the children in a closet until police arrived.
Defense lawyer Stephen Sercu says Daniels thanked the community for their support after the ruling.
Daniels says he does not want the boys’ lives to be ruined by the incident.