Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – The Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office says that a Cicero boater has been arrested after he led them on a chase across Oneida Lake on Sunday evening.
Deputies say they attempted to stop 63-year-old John Saxton of East Shellman Drive in Cicero at about 8 p.m. on Sunday and that he refused to stop.
According to deputies, Saxton was operating a 20-foot HydroStream boat when he led them on a pursuit for several miles through Maple Bay to Brewerton, up to Frenchman’s Island, then into the lower South Bay, where he finally stopped and was taken into custody.
Saxton has been charged with:
- Boating While Intoxicated
- Unlawful Fleeing Police in the 3rd degree
- Reckless Operation
- Reckless Endangerment in the 2nd degree
- Insufficient Navigation Lights
- Operating over 5 m.p.h. within 100-feet of shore
Saxton was lodged at the Justice Center overnight and was arraigned Monday morning in the Town of Clay Court.