Updated: Mon. July 15 at 10:50 a.m.
Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – The Department of Transportation is advising drivers that Interstate 690 bridge work over Peat Street and North Crouse Avenue will cause traffic delays.
The work began Monday morning on the westbound lanes and is scheduled to move to the eastbound lanes on Wednesday.
DOT crews will be sealing concrete decks as a follow-up to last year’s deck replacement projects.
The DOT warns that the procedure is weather dependent, so dates are subject to change depending on the forecast.
The following restrictions/closures/detours will be in effect during the construction periods:Westbound I-690: July 15 and 16, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
Eastbound I-690: July 17 and 18, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
- I-690 will be reduced to one lane between Midler Avenue and Townsend Street.
- The Townsend Street off-ramp will remain open.
- I-690 will be reduced to one lane between Townsend Street and Teall Avenue; this will affect traffic into the 81/690 interchange.
- The on-ramp to eastbound I-690 at McBride Street will be closed; traffic will be detoured along Erie Blvd and reenter eastbound I-690 at Teall Avenue.
- The on-ramp from northbound I-81 to eastbound I-690 will be closed; this traffic will be detoured to exit onto Almond Street, proceed north, turn right onto Erie Boulevard and reenter eastbound I-690 at Teall Avenue.
The DOT says motorists should expect delays on eastbound and westbound I-690, along Erie Boulevard between downtown and Teall Avenue and on Teall Avenue.