Syracuse (WSYR-TV) - The Attorney General’s office has released its list of top 10 consumer fraud complaints of 2012.
For the third year in a row, the highest number of complaints were Internet-related fraud, followed closely by credit-related complaints including debt collection, credit-card billing, and identity debt collection.
The third highest was automobile fraud, including leasing, service contracts, and retails. The following is the 2012 list of the top ten consumer complaints by category
- Internet (privacy issues; spyware; consumer frauds) -- 4,096
- Credit (debt collection; credit card billing; debt settlement) --3,167
- Automobile (buying; leasing; repair; service contracts; rentals) -- 2,950
- Consumer-Related Services (security systems; restaurant/catering services; tech repairs; dating services) -- 2,070
- Landlord/Tenant (deposit releases; tenant- harassment) – 1,808
- Mortgage (mortgage modifications; mortgage and loan broker fraud; foreclosures) – 1,511
- Home Repair/Construction (home improvement services not delivered or done poorly) – 1,125
- Retail Sales (any sale of goods: food; clothing; rent to own; wholesale clubs) -- 974
- Mail Order (purchases made online or from a catalog) -- 868
- Telecommunications (phone cards; cellular services; pay-per-call; slamming; cramming) -- 805
For a list of tips on how to protect yourself and your family from consumer fraud, CLICK HERE
Consumers wishing to file a complaint
may visit the Office’s website or call 1-800-771-7755.