Syracuse (WSYR-TV) - A Syracuse fire investigator says the fire that took the life a man on Lynch Street
appears to have been started by a makeshift fire pit.
Fire officials say it appears that the fire began in the kitchen.
Syracuse Fire Investigator Gary Butler also stated that the second man pulled from the building has been identified as 49-year-old Keith Hyde.
Upstate University Hospital personnel said that Hyde is in fair condition.
45-year-old Mark Batsford died of smoke inhalation, thermal injuries and carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Onondaga County Medical Examiner.
Officials say the home appeared to be abandoned.