Man jumps into vat of acid to save co-worker
CLIFTON, N.J. (AP) -- The wife of a New Jersey roofer who helped save a co-worker who had fallen into a vat of acid says her husband is doing fine and is downplaying his role in the rescue.
Rob Nuckols' wife, Karen, says he was one of four or five workers who pulled colleague Martin Davis out of the nitric acid solution Monday morning at Swepco Tube LLC in Clifton.
A fire official had said Monday that Nuckols suffered burns when he jumped into the acid vat to help rescue Davis. But Nuckols' wife says he never jumped in.
Davis had fallen through a roof and into the vat. His family says he was in critical condition. No update was available Tuesday morning.
Karen Nuckols' says her husband is doing well and doesn't want to be interviewed.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.