Small fire at Country Inn in Ithaca
ITHACA, NY (WSYR-TV) - Fire investigators say early detection and a quick response helped save the Country Inn on Danby Road in Ithaca Sunday morning.
Firefighters responded to the fire about 8:30 a.m when they found smoke coming from a storage room. The fire alarm was going off when firefighters arrived.
Guests at the inn were evacuated.
Investigators say the cause of the fire was a smoldering cigarette dropped in some mulch outside the building. Firefighters put the fire out quickly.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 9wsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.