Photos of the nine people charged
Oneida County (WSYR-TV) -- Nine people have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the sex trafficking of a teen girl in Oneida County, State Police said Wednesday.
The arrests are the result of a nine month long sex trafficking investigation.
Police say the sex trafficking ring was led by brother and sister Edward Tilden, of Orwell, and Lynnette Tilden, of Utica. Police say the two used the Internet site Backpage.com to advertise and sell the minor child online to various people for the purpose of sexual acts.
Police say Lynnette Tilden also advertised herself and others throughout New York and all along the East Coast.
The Oneida Child Advocacy Center has offered its services to the victim in the case.
State Police say more individuals may have been involved in the sex trafficking ring. They’re asking anyone with information on this case to call them at 366-6000.
The following individuals have been charged:
- Lynnette M. Tilden, age 25, of Utica - Sex Trafficking
- Edward E. Tilden, age 30, of Orwell - Sex Trafficking
- Alexandria Davall, age 23, of Utica - Sex Trafficking
- Michael J Olsen, age 28, of Verona - Criminal Sex Act
- David J Jamrosz, age 56, of New York Mills - Criminal Sex Act
- Michael J. Curcio, age 22, of Whitesboro - Rape
- Rosheen A. Brooks, age 32, of Utica - Rape
- Jakeem E Penn Sr., age 35, of Utica - Endangering the welfare of a child
- Curtis L O'dell, age 61, of Utica - Endangering the welfare of a child
Sex trafficking is a class “B” felony, punishable by up to 25 years in prison if convicted.