Teachers! The deadline to sign up for the next edition of 'Street Cents' is Friday at noon
Syracuse, New York -(WSYR-TV) - Another exciting edition of The Morning News stock market game "Street Cents" is about to begin. Registration begins Monday, September 9, 2013 and concludes at NOON, Friday, September 20, 2013. Here are the rules:
- Each classroom gets an imaginary $100,000.
- The class must pick four (4) stocks, no more than 50% of the money can be invested in any one stock. "Penny" stocks are not allowed.
- Each teacher is allowed one entry per classroom (If you teach several different classes, each class may enter).
- Each team MUST HAVE a nickname.
- To enter, teachers only (K-12), must send an email to email@example.com. Please list the ticker symbols of each stock and the amount of money you plan to invest in each stock.
- The competition begins on Monday, September 30, 2013 and concludes at the close of trading on Monday, December 2, 2013.
- Standings will be posted each day at 9wsyr.com - just go to The Morning News page.
- Standings are compiled by Reagan Investing in Marcellus.
- The team with the highest profit margin at the end of the competition wins.
- The winners will be announced on The Morning News on Monday, December 9, 2013.
Copyright 2013 9wsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.