Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – The city of Syracuse made another round of crackdowns on corner stores.
Half of the stores inspected on Thursday were closed for code violations and they include:
- First North Market at 717 Kirkpatrick St. – cited and closed for not having a certificate of occupancy.
- South Avenue Market at 1500 South Ave. - cited and closed for a variety of issues including open wiring and sewer drains, and improper venting.
- Brothers Fine Foods at 104 Dudley Ave. – cited and closed for plumbing violations and improperly connected electrical service.
The following locations were inspected, but not cited:
- Stop-N-Save at 700 Midland Ave.
- Syracuse Upstate at 120 Merriman Ave.
- Valley Superette at 614 Valley Dr.
Mayor Miner says more crackdowns are coming.